“The power of dance as an art form adds value to the general wellbeing of the dancer. Dance can actively be used for this. ”
Dance has an essential role to play in positive health, more than ever in this era of chronic physical and mental health challenges. Dance for health activities are supported by evidence-based research. The Holland Dance Festival and the Dance & Creative Wellness Foundation present ‘A Roadmap for Dance in Healthcare’ – a 3 hour deep dive into the necessary conditions for making a sustainable, valuable and community based dance proposition. A proposition that covers the requirements of diverse publics, dancers, teachers, teaching artists, health care practitioners and policy makers. A proposition for delivering effective, functional dance-based approaches to enhance health and wellbeing.
Join us for an inspirational session and take away strategies and tools for developing locally supported dance for social, physical and mental wellness.
This afternoon programme will be presented in English.
Focus Day Content
- 10” Introduction Dance & Creative Wellness Foundation with Eldridge Labinjo
- 20” Dance in Community-Creative Health and Policy. Speaker: Ulco Mes, Gemeente Tilburg and Andrew Greenwood
- 20” Dance in a Health Care Context-Psychological benefits of dance. Speaker: Robin van den Kieboom + Andrew Greenwood. Moderator Eldridge Labinjo.
- 15” Towards an International Benchmarking for Dance for Health Programmes, IADMS. Presenter: Clare Guss-West, MA.
10” minute break
- 20” Good old Times; Anouk Sergo (dance teacher 55+ dance) and dancer from GOT class and/or production, incl. energizer
- 15” Introduction on Blijvend in Beweging. Presenter Yolanda van der Heijden
- 10” Q & A and discussion about GOT and BIB. Moderator EL
- 15-20” Breakout rooms. Meeting and sharing.
- 15” Plenary and Wrap Up Moderator Eldridge Labinjo and Dance & Creative Wellness Foundation.
Free access, registration required.
Registration includes a 50% offer code for the performance De Dutch Don’t Dance Division – Good (Old) Times – Tableau de la Troupe, at 3.30pm.
The Dance & Creative Wellness Foundation is a non-profit organization led for and by professional artists to validate dance and advocate for the wellbeing benefits of dancing. The Foundation works towards the recognition of Dance as a viable preventative health application and the integration of dance into health care intervention as a powerful route to lifelong mental health, creativity and wellbeing. The Foundation was created in 2016 with the kind support of Dutch National Opera and Ballet.